In order to do this, we use thick, high-quality acrylic for things like:
Over the years, many of you have wondered why Bath Planet of Toronto uses acrylic in a majority (if not all) of our projects.
And because you asked, here are the answers.
Acrylic is incredibly easy to clean
You should spend more time enjoying your bathroom rather than cleaning it.
Surface materials like porcelain, fibreglass, ceramic tile or marble can be challenging to clean. You’ll either need to use heavy creams or abrasive liquids to make them shine.
Unfortunately, those industrial-strength solutions sometimes smell and can even scratch the area you’re trying to clean.
Acrylic tubs and showers from Bath Planet on the other hand, can come sparkly clean in just minutes using common household cleaners like:
- Dish soap
- Baking soda
Acrylic is mold and mildew resistant
In case you’re wondering, here’s the difference between mold and mildew:
- Mold can be black or green, found on just about any surface and is very toxic
- Mildew is usually white or grey and usually appears on moist surfaces
They do have one common trait, though: They’re both disgusting.
Acrylic walk-in tubs are non-porous, meaning that there are no holes, pores or spaces where water can pass through, get stuck and eventually grow into a mold or mildew fungus.
Acrylic comes in many styles and colours
There’s really no limit to the look and feel acrylic can give your bathroom.
- Want an earthy colour for your bath liner? No problem.
- Interested in a classic look for your walls? You got it.
- Thinking about installing a vibrant wall pattern? Done.
- Looking for a bold shower wall surround? Easy.
If you can design it in your dreams, there’s a very good chance it can be brought to life using acrylic from Bath Planet of Toronto.
Acrylic is easy to install
Removing grouted tile and a fully settled bathtub is a long, messy and expensive process.
And so is installing new tiles and a new bathtub too.
Acrylic can be molded and shaped to fit over your existing fixtures perfectly. In fact, that’s how it’s done at Bath Planet.
In a nutshell, here’s how it’s done:
- Precise measurements are taken of your bathtub and shower
- The new elements are made to precision using the expert computer software
- Experienced installers lay them over your old tub or shower and secure them in place.
The entire process can be done in less than a day and can save you lots of money versus a full teardown and rebuild.
Download your FREE $500 voucher towards your Bath Planet project.
Now that you know why we use acrylic, here’s what’s next
Acrylic has a wide range of benefits which other materials simply can’t match.
But if you want to know more – and see and feel just how beautiful and versatile it is, you should book a FREE in-home consultation with our design expert.
It’s all about you.
And it’s absolutely FREE.