Few people realize how deeply their bathroom impacts their life. It’s where you get ready. It’s where you take a soak to relax, and for parents, it may be a sanctuary in the home – the only place to get some personal time.
It’s no wonder that the state of your bathroom can impact your feelings of relaxation (or stress). If your New Year’s Resolution is about reducing your stress levels, saving money, or spending more time with family, your bathroom can actually help you achieve your goals. Here’s how:
1. Make Your Morning Easier
How much time do you spend in the bathroom in the morning, rushing around looking for the things you need to finally get out the door? A little bathroom organization can streamline your morning routine, giving you more time and reducing stress.
- Get a new shower wall surround or enclosure that will hold everything you need when you’re showering.
- Separate your toilet and shower space, so you and your other half can more easily get ready in the same bathroom.
- Add new hangers, where you can lay out your work clothes in the evening to make getting into them easier in the morning.
2. Reduce Your Utility Bills
When you’re trying to save money, perhaps for a big purchase or in anticipation of retirement, you need to reduce your monthly bills any way that you can. There are many ways you can do so in the bathroom.
- Purchase new low-flow shower heads and fixtures to reduce your monthly water bill.
- Install LED lightbulbs in your bathroom lights to reduce your energy usage.
3. Design a More Relaxing Space
It can be jarring to walk into a dirty bathroom or even a clean bathroom that hasn’t been updated in a decade. You can change the style and function of your bathroom to make it a more peaceful, rejuvenating place. Plus, you can even reduce the time you’ll need to spend cleaning it!
- Get a new bath liner that is sparkling clean. Plus, when it does get dirty, your new acrylic liner will be much easier to scrub down than your old one.
- Choose a new walk -in shower, so you don’t have to struggle to get in or out.
- Install a shower remodel in the style and colour that you find most relaxing, whether it’s modern and minimal or marbled luxury.
4. Add Comforting Items
We also go to the bathroom when we’re sick and most vulnerable. You can do your future self a big favour by making your bathroom a more comforting place.
- Lay down a soft floor mat so that your feet stay warm, and so you’ll be warm if you need to sit on the floor.
- Buy a dedicated under-the-counter basket and fill it with things you may need when you’re sick, including tissues, anti-nausea medication and throat lozenges.
There are many more ways that you can change your bathroom to make it a whole new space for the New Year. Check out our gallery to start brainstorming your perfect bathroom.